Fionn MacCool’s New Menu Makes Bold New Food Promise
Vaughan, ON – April 24, 2017 – Revered Canadian family of pubs, Prime Pubs, which includes Fionn MacCool’s and D’Arcy McGee’s, is introducing a Bold New Food Promise. Today, the popular pubs launched a new menu which features quality ingredients sourced from responsible Canadian farms and an ongoing commitment to supporting local charities.
“When it comes to food, we don’t believe feeding people is enough. Like the old village pub which served food sourced from its community, we think our guests should know where their food comes from and that means responsible, Canadian farms they can trust,” says Grant Cobb, Senior Vice President, Casual Brands, Cara Operations Limited. “We’re very proud to serve Beretta beef raised without the use of antibiotics, added hormones or steroids, chicken raised by Canadian farmers, and cod caught sustainably.”
Through this national initiative, Fionn MacCool’s and D’Arcy McGee’s scrutinized and adjusted its beef, chicken, fish, egg and potato programs and partners:
- Steak and beef partner is Beretta Farms, a network of multi-generational farms and ranches across Canada which pasture raise their beef as humanely as possible, without the use of antibiotics, added hormones or steroids.
- Its chicken dishes are made with chicken breasts and thighs raised by Canadian farmers.
- It proudly serves three styles of Canadian bacon – strip, back bacon, and thick-cut.
- To ensure the long-term health and stability of Canada’s fish, and the health of our oceans, the menu features cod dishes made with Ocean Wise® wild cod caught sustainably.
- Its eggs come from cage-free hens which are free to socialize and move about in an open-concept barn environment with unrestricted access to feed and clean water.
- Its fries are made with 100 per cent Canadian grown potatoes, from Valley Growers fifth generation family farms in Ontario and Cavendish Farms in Alberta.
With its new menu, Fionn MacCool’s and D’Arcy McGee’s is also introducing a Pint Philanthropy Program; 50 cents from every Mill St. Original Organic Pint sold will be donated to the individual Pub’s local charity of choice.
The new menu features delicious dishes including:
- Be the North Lentil Bowl – Saskatchewan lentils with kale, pickled carrots, marinated beets, roasted corn, spicy zucchini and roasted sweet potatoes with an herb-yogurt dressing.
- The Flagship Bacon Burger – This burger is no joke. Hand-cut, smoked bacon piled high on top of a 7 oz. Beretta beef patty with our famous Irish chips for some crunch. Paired with beer-braised onions, lettuce, sliced hothouse tomato and grainy mustard mayo. And for the bacon lover in all of us, topped off with a smoked bacon skewer.
- Steak and Fries – Beretta sirloin bavette grilled to order with sautéed mushrooms, grilled tomato and fresh-cut fries.
- Double-Stacked Cod-wich – this sandwich features two pieces of crispy buttermilk-breaded cod, double-stacked with sliced hothouse tomato, rainbow slaw and iceberg lettuce on a toasted ACE Bakery™ bun
- Fish Tacos – Three beer-battered cod tacos with pickled onions, cilantro-lime coleslaw, and a hint of fresh chimichurri sauce. Packed into flour tortillas with a lime-cream sauce.
- Waffle’d Up Chicken Fingers – Buttermilk-breaded chicken fingers with chili lime seasoning served with sweet, warm waffles, Granny Smith apple slices and honey.
- Chicken Tacos – Three tacos with fresh pulled chicken, cilantro-lime coleslaw and mango salsa packed into flour tortillas. Drizzled with fresh lime cream sauce and finished with a little Sriracha for some heat.
About Prime Pubs
Prime Pubs is a family of 36 pubs that are known by several monikers; Fionn MacCool’s, D’Arcy McGee’s, Paddy Flaherty’s and Tir nan Óg, all with the same high standards for food, drink and fun. Renowned for its extensive beverage selection, fresh, contemporary menu and live entertainment, Prime Pubs are one of Canada’s most revered families of pubs. For more information visit fionnmaccools.com.
About Cara Operations Limited
Founded in 1883, Cara is Canada’s oldest and largest full-service restaurant company. The Company franchises and/or operates some of the most recognized brands in the country including Swiss Chalet, Harvey’s, St-Hubert, Milestones, Montana’s, Kelsey’s, East Side Mario’s, Casey’s, New York Fries, Prime Pubs, Original Joe’s, State & Main, Elephant & Castle, Bier Markt and Landing restaurants. As at December 25, 2016, Cara had 1,237 restaurants, 1,183 of which were located in Canada and the remaining 54 locations were located internationally. 83% of Cara’s restaurants are operated by franchisees and 55% of Cara’s locations are based in Ontario. Cara’s shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol CARA.TO. More information about the Company is available at www.cara.com.
For more information please contact:
Cowan & Company
416-462-8773 ext. 55